Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hello and goodbye

I think that it's about time that I introduce my new sewing machine, the Pfaff Expression 2.0! Yay! I brought it home about a week ago, and already it's looking right at home in my kitchen. Behold:
My parents bought this for me as a graduation gift. Yesyes, I know I haven't graduated yet, but a trade in came into the sewing store, and I couldn't resist asking for my present a little bit early so that I could snag this great machine. It's just less than a year old and looks totally new. It has so many features and things that I hardly know where to start, and probably couldn't do justice to them all right now anyway since I haven't spent enough time sewing on it yet. I finished off the remains of a few projects as soon as I got it, and now I'm working on a silk blouse. This will be the first project done entirely on my new machine, and I thought it would be a good test to see how the machine does with a fabric that is difficult to work with. I'm almost done with it, so I'll probably post it sometime this week. Yay!

With the possibility of me getting a job in mind, I decided to sell off the old machine right away, so I wouldn't be tempted to think up a use for a "backup" machine and end up dragging it with me all over the continent. I posted it on craigslist and it sold tout de suite, for $50. I'm a little teeny bit sad to see it go, but honestly not very much. I'm kind of surprised about that, really. Whenever I get a new computer, I always find myself lingering over the old one for a month or so, because the old one is set up just the way I like it and I hardly have to think about using it, and the new one is, well, new. Somehow that doesn't seem to be the case with the Pfaff... maybe I spent so much time visiting it in the store before buying that it's like I'd had it for months! Still, respect is due to the little Kenmore that I essentially learned to sew with. Bye, buddy.
So, what to do with the proceeds from the sewing machine? I'm not sure yet, so I put it in a jar to be saved for something good.
I think that I'll keep all of the proceeds from selling stuff off in this jar, which will hopefully encourage me to get rid of a lot of stuff before we relocate. I still have a few semi-valuable things that I'll try to sell on craigslist, and I'm making a biiiiig garage sale pile. I'm going to try to get my SO to hide stuff from me when I put it in the pile so that I don't start having second thoughts and rescue it later on!

No comments:

Post a Comment