Technically I guess I did most of this last night and not on sunday, but hey. I finally got around to finishing this dress which fit so badly the first time that I tried it on. Fortunately after taking in the side seams, the fit was much much better. I think the waist ended up being just about perfect!
This is a picture of my first try on in the mirror (with my lovely knee socks, it's cold here today). The neckline is a little gap-y, so I put an additional snap on the front to tame that a bit. I also raised the armhole while I was taking in the sides, because it was pretty low on the original pattern. I think I raised it by an inch and a half, and you can still see my bra if I raise my arm all the way. I think I'll just leave it as is, though, and wear my teal bra with the dress so it won't be noticeable.
Here's a second try on pic to see if the neckline looks better with the snap, and I couldn't resist putting on the boots and the belt to see how the whole ensemble will look. It's sadly way too cold to wear this right now, but when we get a day that's less hideous I'll get my SO to take some proper pics of me to post on BurdaStyle.
In other very exciting news, I got a new sewing machine! I'll write more about the sewing machine later, but one of the coolest things about this new machine is the extremely pretty buttonholes that it makes. For this dress, I did slightly rounded buttonholes. They came out quite well for my first time using it, but when I was cutting open the buttonholes I clipped a good number of them and now they look all raggedy :-/ It's not really noticeable once the dress is buttoned up, but I'm sad about it nonetheless. I'll remember to be much more careful when I do the buttonholes on my vest.